ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
Developed in partnership with the Rugby Football Union (RFU) the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport (L2CCSCQ) is designed to provide learners aged 16 and over with the level of knowledge needed to build and lead well-constructed strength and conditioning programmes through an understanding of how to plan, conduct and evaluate strength and conditioning sessions. This will enable successful learners to seek employment as a strength and conditioning coach in a number of settings such as a sports club, or with an athlete or team in an educational/youth environment.
The qualification is also excellent continuous professional development (CPD) for exercise and fitness industry professionals via The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) – an ideal way to improve and broaden their skill set.
The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) is a public register that recognises the qualifications and expertise of health-enhancing exercise instructors in the UK. For more information, visit: www.exerciseregister.org.
The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport (L2CCSCQ) is awarded by 1st4sport Qualifications and has been developed in partnership with the Rugby Football Union (RFU).
The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport (L2CCSCQ) is regulated at Level 2 on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). For further information on the regulated status of the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport (L2CCSCQ), please log on to The Register of Regulated Qualifications website.
If you are 16 years of age or above, have an understanding of how to coach and understanding of principles that apply to health and fitness, then the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport L2CCSCQ) is designed for you.
On successful completion of the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport L2CCSCQ), you should:
- understand the fundamentals of coaching sport
- understand how to develop participants through coaching sport
- understand how to support participants’ lifestyles through coaching sport
- understand the principles of safe and equitable coaching practice
- be able to plan a series of strength and conditioning for sport coaching sessions
- be able to prepare the strength and conditioning for sport coaching environment
- be able to deliver a series of strength and conditioning for sport coaching sessions
- be able to monitor and evaluate strength and conditioning for sport coaching sessions.
How will my learning programme be structured?
Learning programmes are usually designed by the recognised centre that delivers the qualification. They may, therefore, vary in length and format. Depending on your needs, delivery centres can offer intensive courses, or a series of learning events, over a period of weeks. Whatever the timescale, all learning programmes should include the following phases:
- an induction to the qualification and your programme of learning and assessment
- a learning programme that meets your needs, focusing on the theory and practice of coaching strength and conditioning for sport
- a programme of assessment, spread throughout the course, including observations of your coaching by an appropriately qualified assessor.
At the end of the programme, you will be provided with formal feedback on your performance and an action plan for your further development.
The 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport (L2CCSCQ) assessment will require you to:
- understand the roles and responsibilities of a strength and conditioning coach
- understand how to apply different coaching styles to support various styles of learning
- understand how aid the development of participant performance
- deliver a linked and progressive strength training programme
- deliver a linked and progressive training programme for either speed or endurance
- complete a multiple-choice theory paper
- be observed coaching a strength-specific coaching session
- be observed coaching either a speed- or strength-specific coaching session
- Create a continuous professional development (CPD) action plan for future development in coaching practice.
If you are looking to develop as a coach or have a keen interest in the area then I would highly recommend you attend.
This 4 day programme is designed to give you ALL the tools required to start training athletes on Monday morning!
You’ll go through the key areas required to immediately begin assisting the training of clients and athletes on the Monday morning.
We’ll be covering the areas of my expertise including gym based strength, power and hypertrophy training, movement training and screening. Then the course will be rounded off with the theoretical underpinning for all these elements in relation to an applied strength and conditioning setting. If you want to know about how to get results with your athletes, whether it be in a pressurised professional sport environment or a long tern athlete development role it will all be covered, and you will be able to apply it to your environment.
HERE’S THE THOUGHTS OF SOME PREVIOUS COURSE ATTENDEES:
WHO IS THE PROGRAMME AIMED AT?
The programme is aimed at individuals looking to get into strength and conditioning at all levels. It covers the fundamentals required to assist as a strength and conditioning coach or trainer as well as to compliment sport specific coaching sessions. For example you may work as a technical rugby, football or cricket coach (or any sport), the information you’ll learn from us really will improve your understanding of your own sport.
It is also suited to those individuals who take their training extremely seriously and want to learn more about key aspects of their own training programme.
Lastly, it is suitable for professionals from other disciplines such as physiotherapy, osteopathy, sports therapy etc who are looking to add another dimension to their practice or simply want to improve their knowledge base.
WHO IS IT NOT SUITABLE FOR?
It’s not suitable for those people who feel they have nothing more to learn! Definitely don’t book unless you have an open mind and are willing to learn a LOT over the 4 days.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE PROGRAMME?
Firstly pay to secure your place. The programme has limited availability and the previous courses have SOLD OUT months before the course date.
Secondly, we’d like to know more about you. So you need to send us a short introduction about yourself and your needs.
When you register you’ll get an email with all the course details as well as a Learner Details Form to complete.
To book a place on the next course, purchase your place online here.