GET FIT – General Phase (Basic Method)
These programmes are specifically designed for professional athletes and aspiring pros who are following a year round competition and training schedule and require the strength & conditioning support to change according to their needs at particular times in the season.
At APA we introduce our athletes to high performance training regimes with gradual exposure to increasingly demanding and intense forms of training. Our Get Fit phase represents the first layer in our progressive intensification of training means. As the name suggests, the phase is designed to lay a foundation of general fitness for more advanced training means to come.
- Focus on First step speed (ability to push off in any direction over 0-1m)
- Application of the technical model for acceleration to promote good quality movement over 1-10m
- Focus on Anatomical Adaptation with moderate loads and higher volume
- Application of more General preparatory exercises (GPE) that develop global coordination of force in large muscle groups
- Focus on aerobic capacity and power using High Interval Interval Training (H.I.I.T)
- Use of Sprint Interval Training (S.I.T) in low volume with long recovery to tap into anaerobic capacity and prepare the body for the more intensive forms of repeat sprint workouts to come
Want to be coached by us? Click HERE for more info about about our coaching packages