ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE ACADEMY IN ASSOCIATION WITH GOSLING TENNIS ACADEMY
WANT TO WORK WITH THE BEST?
In September 2009 Gosling Tennis Academy became an International High Performance Centre (IHPC) as awarded by the Lawn Tennis Association. Gosling Tennis Academy is one of only four academies in the country to be given this award based on the size and success of its performance programme. Contributing to this success, and behind every successful academy, can be found a world class support team ‐ all focused on the achievement of peak performance. An opportunity exists to become a member of this team if you, like the tennis players we support, have the courage, excellence and commitment to be the best you can be.
Athletic Performance Academy (APA) Ltd is a dynamic, proactive organisation contracted to deliver Strength & Conditioning Coaching services to our partners in high performance Tennis. A vacancy exists with Athletic Performance Academy (APA) Ltd for a part-time strength & conditioning coach based at Gosling IHPC in the Tennis Academy with the opportunity for private coaching to the tennis club members subject to payment of a monthly license fee. This is a fixed 1-year position and would ideally suit someone who is looking to gain valuable experience in a high performance environment.
STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH, GOSLING TENNIS ACADEMY
Based: Gosling IHPC
Remuneration: £10 per hour for programme coaching and a minimum of £22 per hour for private coaching
Hours: A minimum of 10 hours per week of regular programme coaching 37 weeks of year with unlimited opportunity to deliver private coaching throughout year
License Fee: £250 per month with a 1 month lead in period (only applicable if doing private coaching)
- Staff uniform
- Access to Coaching syllabus and additional DVD resources to use during programme hours
- Access to Coach mentoring
- Access to Tennis and Gym Members Database for lead generation
- Access to potential work at other clubs in the APA organization
Your role will involve;
- Delivery and development of strength and conditioning services to our athletes
- Promotion of your own services to potential clients
Essential criteria for this role to include;
- A qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in sports science or related area specialising in the
area of physical preparation of athletes
- UK Strength and Conditioning Association Accreditation, or ability to obtain it within 6 months
- Experience in the provision of strength and conditioning support to young athletes
Desirable criteria for this role to include;
- Experience at having been self-employed and having ability to create your own client base
- LTA recognised Tennis Coach Qualification
YOU MAY APPLY VIA Email: email@example.com Please quote ref: GOSAPA.01
PLEASE INCLUDE: CV, DETAILS OF CURRENT REMUNERATION AND RELEVANT CONTACT DETAILS.
Closing date: 13th June 2014 @ 12 noon (GMT). Interview date: 27th June 2014