Are you a sports coach? As a Sport coach you spend hours with your athletes, so why not join forces with APA and learn how you can make your athletes faster yourself?
Workshops are a way to bridge the gap between coaches and trainers. We need to work together for one common purpose: to give the most and the best for the athletes that walk into our programs. So come along and find out more about getting your athletes faster!
Title: Speed, Agility & Quickness Training for Sports
Time: 9-12pm Saturday April 25th
Location: Gosling Sports Park
Rate: £30.00 per coach/parent
Student Rate: (14+ athletes): £15.00 per student- email email@example.com for a discount code
What have we got planned for you?
Introduction and Overview of Workshop and APA (10 Minutes)
Prepare to Move by Moving to Prepare (20 Minutes)
- Perform and teach a thorough team warm-up (coaches participate)
- Allow for Q & A during this time
Foundations of Speed (20 Minutes)
- Discuss the importance of mobility, range of motion, etc.
- Discuss the importance of reaction training
Mechanics of Speed (20 Minutes)
- Break the mechanics of speed down in this section. We take you through drills, as if you are first teaching your athletes about the mechanics.
- We have you do it/feel it
Speed Drills (We pick our favourites) (90 Minutes of Content)
- Name it
- Demonstrate it
- Break it down and teach it
- Have attendees perform it
- Show 1 or 2 variations
- Indicate application to different sports (or specific sport that you are doing the clinic for)
Repeat this process for as many speed drills that we would like to cover.
Q&A (20 Minutes)
Places are limited so book HERE to reserve your place.
If you would like a comprehensive guide to getting faster that you can read from the comfort of your arm chair then check out the SAQ Training for Sports Bible